Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Best shed lock

The other night when the thunder, lightning and the WIND woke me up, I opened my eyes and within moments I could hear noises.

I could hear rain on the skylights, wind at the side of the house and thunder. Well, although I was sung as a bug in a rug, I knew I had to find out what the other unknown noises were. The previous ones were expected and easily recognisable, but the banging could only mean trouble.

I got up, went to the front first and then the side and then the back. All view points gave me a visual confirmation that debre` and other stuff was dashing about. Nothing of consequense, but things I would need to clean up the next day.

Now as to the back yard, that was anotehr thing. I looked out and saw the shed doors both open and the wind banging them around and rain dashing into the open door.

So my eyes got big, I woke up quicker, and then got my robe and slippers on.

I knew that the padlock on the doors went with my sister a few weeks back, and I had only closed it with no lock at that time. It was snug and didn't seem to want to open, so i was OK with that. But the wind had other ideas.

So looking around for something to put in the latch hole was yielding nothing. No stick. No loopy things. Nothing. So I see a bag of plastic utensils I brought back from Tucson and thought....hey it will do till morning.

so off I trot with a few knives and forks to do the trick!

As you can see.......a secure yet dorky innovation, if I do say so myself.

p.hawkins

No comments: