Sunday, December 06, 2009

Grace

“Through many dangers, toils and snares, I have already come; 'Tis grace has brought me safe thus far, And grace will lead me home” ~John Newton


Oh how often I have thought how in the world did I make it this far? I know lots of us ‘baby boomers’ have thought the same. I mean look at the time frame we grew up in!

It would be not only embarrassing, but probably stupid to put down in words all the things I did that should have killed me INSTATNLY in my young life. But that’s just it isn’t it, I was young?

Is that an excuse or just a convenient reason?


I do know that, without a doubt, God has had his hand on my shoulder all of my life. You know how you put your hands on a little kids head from behind and point his eyes in the right direction? Maybe saying “no baby, look there”. Well we are trying to put them on the right path.


I think god has been standing behind me my whole life grabbing my head from behind and making me look in the right directions. Oh that’s not to say, I paid proper attention to it….I mean sometimes the sparkly stuff was off in another direction, or the big shiney truck said drive me Pam or the sparkly bubbles of the beer on the bar calling me to drink it and enjoy it. Nope. I can’t deny it.


I confess I don’t all ways look down the right path, but I am so GRATEFUL for the fact that God still points my head in those right directions. I am just so glad he has not tired of doing it and has not given up on me!!!


Have a glorious Sunday all!


p. hawkins

No comments: