Sunday, May 02, 2010

Over-achievement gone wrong

(click to enlarge)

When we create something, we always create it first in a thought form. If we are basically positive in attitude, expecting and envisioning pleasure, satisfaction and happiness, we will attract and create people, situations, and events which conform to our positive expectations. ~ Shakti Gawain


You know, I am the first to admit I am an over-achiever. I want it all. I want to know it all, I want to do it all, and I want to do it well.
Now and then, that quest will simply bite me in the butt!

Case in point, I am trying to avoid using paper clips or having my little photo log, that stays by my desk, split up into more than one pile. So today, after I printed them and cut them all pretty, I wanted to find a solution.

So think, Pam, think. There must be a way! Then I remembered I had my assistant plug in my handy dandy electric stapler the other day. It works great! Its fast, it staples hard and it can staple a lot of papers at one time. Just stick the paper in the slot and shazam....stapled! (or at least I remembered it that way?)

So I take my WHOLE stack in there and SHOVE it in. Its a very tight squeeze but I persevere and keep shoving it. Then I wait. Nothing happens. Now, normally it starts to sense the paper and staple it super fast, but this time -- nope.

Soooooooo I hold the stapler case with my right hand and SHOVE a little harder with my left hand holding the mega stack tight in my fist, trying to keep the papers straight.

WOW IT STAPLED
...AND STAPLED
...AND STAPLED
...AND STAPLED!!!!!

I tried to pull it out and it wouldn’t come out! It just kept stapling! I pulled and tugged and no way it was comin outa there!
So I tried to hit the button to release the staple cage and IT KEPT STAPLING but didnt open.

THEN it started stapling on its own! Holy Crap!

So I hurry and get on my knees, crawl under the table to find the cord and unplug it. Mind you its still stapling away. I get the plug out and it stopped.

Now to fix things...hahahhah.

Well the paper did NOT want to come out of there. (Now here is a visual for you. Remember the movie Jumping Jack flash? It had Whoopi Goldberg in it. She is dressed in this long blue sequined dress and up in a room where she is not supposed to be and the paper shredder comes on….her dress gets sucked in and she is frantically trying to pull it out…while wearing it…well that was me with the paper-eating-stapler)

I finally dislodged it from its staple-captor. What a fight!

Not only did it leave a pile of staples in the paper, it DID hold it all together, but it also left a mangled up mess of twisted staples at the end of the stapler cage. Poor thing is sitting there now with its stapler tongue hanging out looking defeated. ~ p.hawkins

I guess I better find a better way to hold my photo logs together next time!!!

No comments: