Tuesday, May 13, 2008


Thoughts for Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happiness is not a possession to be prized, it is a quality of thought, a state of mind. ~ Daphne Du Maurier

I had a friend call me this morning at 5:30 am. (yes I requested it) The damn sun wasn't even out!!! In fact when they called I asked Is the sun out???! They got a reallllllllll giggle out of my sleepy condition.
However, I got up, got a coffee and a yogurt and with my eyes mostly closed, got dressed with what I had set out the night before.
I would have NEVER found my sneakers, or pants or underwear even, had I not got it all out and ready.

So off I went. I get there, eat a yogurt quickly, and prepare my jacket.

1. kleenex
2. nail polish (in case I decide to do them......heck i never get time to do them so if I am on a power walk, waht better place to do your nails?!? well accept when your driving)
3. drivers licence, in case a whale eats me

4. key to get back in car...taken off the big ass ring so it doesnt weigh my jacket down
5. plastic baggie in case I find any goodies that might still be wiggly or icky
6. cell phone to send quick snapshots of my morning adventure or in case a whale eats me
7. hair bobs to tackle my hair once it starts to friz
Lock the car and ready-set-go!

Now walking out to my walk area is like walking on a mattress for EVER it seems, (soft sand sucks) but once I am there..........the ocean just snatches onto my heart and reals me in like a
big pam fish. Standing there as close to the water as I can get......the ocean mist surrounds my head, moistens my skin, and in that moment...........I say my prayers........say hi to Mom and Maggie and Gary........and feel blessed to be alive! ~ p.hawkins

No comments: