Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day Mom - I miss you


Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life. ~ Sandra Carey


I remember one time, I loaned my Mom some money. As we drove away from the bank she said I will pay you back 100 fold. That was the first time I had ever heard that saying.


I didnt think much of that comment when she said it, I never wanted to be paid back, but tonight after talking to a good friend, I realized she did pay me back much much more than that. Funny thing is though, dollar bills had nothing to do with it.


As my friend and me were talking on the phone there were plenty of laughs to be had. My cheeks were hurting and my gut ached we laughed so hard. Laughing that makes you snort and let your guard down in the most vulnerable way, yet you couldnt feel safer.


I barely got off the phone and it reminded me of the last two years I spent with my mom.


What an incredible blessing it was........we laughed so hard during that time. Laugh so hard you cry, your mouth hurts and milk comes out your nose. I would constantly look up only to see her staring at me and I would say WHAT? She would giggle and throw the BIGGEST smile at me, her with those big glasses slid down on her nose, her square forehead I teased her about, those high cheek bones and warm chestnut brown eyes, and for that very moment in time she made life worth living. ~ p.hawkins


To all of my Mommy friends I wish you the best Mothers Day ever!


p.s. For my Mom – Loretta, Happy Mothers Day. I am missing you so very much. I wish you were here so I would have to go on a grand search for Lilacs for your special day. (they were always hard to find up here) and also for one more of those big hard laughs. I love you.
















2 comments:

Ruth Trowbridge said...

What a lovely tribute Pamela. You and she were very blessed. I can feel you know that the passing only makes them closer, and closer forever. Peace for all

Pamela said...

THanks for the note sweetie. I will have to say though, If I had wishes to spend, one of them would be to bring her back.