Thursday, May 07, 2009

Rain song

(yes the sweet peas are getting up there! - click to enlarge)

Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby. ~ Langston Hughes


For me the first attribute of rain is the song it sings. And we each hear a different tune.


As the rain shoots straight down out of the sky, I hear every single drop. I mean think about it really, your ears do hear every single one. Uh huh, yes they do! I think my mood is what decides the tune I hear though.


And when I hear the crashing of a downpour, I cant get to the front door fast enough... to swing it open and hear the roar. The only thing left to do is use my arms to brace myself against the door opening and L E A N out. It never gets old for me. Listening to the first sounds of a down pour.


It has been a very long spring rain time here, or it feels like it. I wrote my thoughts for the day last night as the rain was coming down. This morning I could see a glow from the blinds and as I opened them the sun BUSTED through. My plants have all been just coasting….sort of waiting to grow, and sunshine and warmth is just what they have been waiting on. This chick is way happy to see the sun today! ~ p.hawkins

No comments: