Friday, January 02, 2009

The First New day...

Well it is the first new day of the year. I guess I always think of January 1 as a celebration day.....a day of reflection and a day of lists! hahahah
When your around family you get caught up in all the hustle and bustle of the new year celebrations, when your alone, its lists! Well, that is how it is for me.

I think we all look back at how the year has been and how things may look to the future. I myself am very happy 2008 is behind me.
Although it has been wrought with sadness and heavy burdens, it has also released me from them as well.

it reminds me of a song that has a line "...jack me up, shoot me up, flying down the highway..." It is an old trucker song where the driver is in the diner and drinking his coffee, and getting ready to be all jazzed to be alive and awake and to take on the highway in his truck doing what he loves.
Well that is me.

So a few things that I am making resolutions on are:
1. Pay attention to the lists. Yes I am a list maker. However, in the past I have made my lists yet not always payed attention to them. You know, who called, what paper to touch, which box to move.....but this year is a "pay attention" year for me.
2. Make my bucket list. Begin my list of just what do I truly want to do before I kick the bucket!
3. Begin each day with prayer. Oh I have been doing it, but I want to make sure I do it with PASSION!

Well, those are the three to start with....all the rest will fall into place with Gods plan.

I wish all of you the very best in 2009

So what is on your LIST?

Pam
*photo is taken at Lake Tahoe in the early evening.......it makes me think of all things possible when I look at it....as if there is no end to our dreams*

No comments: