Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Listening W A V E

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~ Epictetus




Stop for a moment.......just listen. Listen to the air around you.
Listen to the silence for just a moment.
In quiet moments of the day, I find that, very often, I dont quite recognize a QUIET MOMENT when I have them until it has passed.
I would dearly like to pay attention to them when a listening wave comes my way. And instead of standing straight and strong trying to withstand that moment in time, I want to embrace it......recognize it.......and enjoy that quiet moment.

Stop and listen to yourself........breath in and out gently....close your eyes.......and pay attention to what your heart has to say.
I know its just itchin to have a conversation with me, yet I dont stop the rest of me who is going 100 mph today to listen to my heart as it beats a rhythm in my chest.....or listen to my soul as it thirsts for spirit, or listen to my own vibrations to recognize that all things around me can be appreciated and enjoyed if I just listen. ~ p.hawkins

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just discovered my blog in your blogroll, so I thought it would be neighborly to stop and say "hello!" :0) And I loved your thought for the day. It really sparked my thought for my morning meditation. Thank you.

Pamela said...

Hi and Welcome to my little blog!Thanks for stopping by.

Thank you very much for the kind thoughts this morning.

Pam